Business analysts manager was transferred to the engineering department. The IT director needed the remaining business to each operate independently and manage all projects across the entire enterprise.
To create a self-directed work teams that can receive and manage all IT projects across the entire enterprise.
- Led team discussions to develop project management framework requirements.
- Established baseline projects to test framework.
- Performed weekly coaching of team members over 3 month period.
- Team of 4 business analysts became self-sufficient and completed 17% more projects than previous year.
- A previously failed project after 2 years of struggle was resurrected and successfully completed in less than 6 months.