Accounting and reporting for controlled pharmaceutical samples was conducted using a manual and very cumbersome process. The result was a high degree of inaccuracy and a reporting cycle that took 4-6 weeks to complete.
To streamline the FDA drug sample tracking process and create greater accountability of field inventory of controlled pharmaceuticals.
- Facilitated discussion of cross-functional team.
- Address current reporting challenges and identify requirements.
- Redesigned the process to reduce it from 23 to 17 procedures.
- Designed a mobile computing solution to collect field data from sales reps and communicate data back to corporate daily.
- Streamlined reporting from monthly to daily.
- Cut staff by 1 clerical FTE.
- Increase sales forecasting from 4-6 weeks to 1 week.